Friday, February 24, 2006

i feel special

[yk] so last sunday, my bridesmaids planned the most wonderful shower for me. every single detail of the shower was tailored for me...they all wore my wedding colors, prepared tiramisu ingredients so guests could make their own, served my favorite foods, made the most awesome recipe scrapbook, decorated so beautifully, got me a spa package (totally need it after my project ends!), and gave my guests the cutest favors (little glass dessert bowls from crate and barrel!).

at first i was a little apprehensive about going to my own shower. i've been to many showers and even helped plan a few...but when you're the one who's being showered, it's kinda weird being the center of attention. i guess it's a precursor to the wedding. since i've been traveling, i feel like i've lost touch with many people...but seeing my friends this weekend reminded me of how God has blessed me with ladies who genuinely care about me and have made an impact in my life. so ladies, thank you for taking time out of your day to attend my shower and shower me with your love and company! i can't wait until i'm back in houston so i get to reconnect with everyone!


i felt truly special.

5 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger thelins said...

you are special!!

did you get enough recipes???

 
At 2/28/2006 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, got lots of recipes..even got 2 of same spinach dip recipes! =) but i'm always open to more recipes...especially quick easy ones!

 
At 3/01/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger kat said...

it was fun!!! hey, your present came in last week and i forgot to bring it to church!!! sorry. if you're back in houston, i'll just drop it by your place? :)

 
At 3/01/2006 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy showering, yvonne : )
hey.. i was on cnn.com and anderson cooper has a blog. he wrote about uganda and i thought of you as i read his blog. http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/02/old-horrors-young-victims.html --> in case you're interested!

 
At 3/14/2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone!! But it sounds like you had a lot of fun! You deserve the best!

Want some more recipes? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home