Thursday, February 02, 2006

1 half marathon = 21.097494 kilometers

[gw] It's been a really busy for me lately. It's been hard for us to plan a wedding and spend the time working on building a foundation for our marriage. Can I say how difficult long distance is? But we're still doing well, and it helps that we're able to work on our communication skills cause we're limited by time. We just wish that we had more time to spend together. :) Thanks for all the prayers everyone.

So to update you all. I went back home to Houston this past weekend for my grandfather's funeral. It was a nice, simple, and a time to say goodbye. It was good to see a few of my cousins as well. Came back on Saturday, and proceeded to rest up for the 3M half marathon on Sunday. I didn't have a PR, but I blame that on being sick the entire week. It was a fun race though. I ran all the way from the arboretum to 12th street. Best thing of all, I recovered quickly. I stopped limping after the first day. Looking forward to the last race, the Freescale Marathon!

Haven't done a wedding post lately, but here's some more advice. . .
- Come up with a dummy email address from gmail to give to vendors. They don't stop harassing you, and you have no idea where they get your address from. Give friends another email address for both of you to give to friends.

- Cakes are sold by the slice. That was news to me. . .

- Use plaxo to keep updated with your friends so you don't have to go after them to ask for mailing addresses.

- Honeymoons are quite expensive. But it's fun to be using all (2 years of travelling for work) reward points and going for cheaper! Thank you Delta, Marriot, Hilton, and Hertz.

2 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom told me about your grandfather.. condolences to your family.
it's good to hear that you're working on preparing for the marriage... it's so much more important than the wedding :P

 
At 2/03/2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you guys and sorry to hear about your loss. let me kwow if you need help with wedding plans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home