Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend of Encouragement

[gw] So this was a busy weekend for both of us. Yvonne went to a shower for Michelle and in turn had her own on Sunday. (You'll probably get a post on that later.) I had my marathon. I didn't make my goal of finishing under 5 hours. But that's okay. All the conditions weren't there for me to meet my goal All that matters is that I finished. And I'm recovering nicely today. Not too much soreness. Those ice baths really work. But thanks to Brian who took me back home and all the people out there cheering us on. I think I'll stick to half marathons for a bit until I can get enough time to train for my next marathon. Yep, I said it NEXT marathon. Just want to also thank my coaches Janie and Gabby from Rogue. There were always there to answer questions, for support, and pushing me up the hill when I felt like just walking it. But now I realize, I'm going to miss my marathon training regimen. What am I going to do next? I'll go back to 24 hour fitness and work on my upper body, abs, and work on the bike. Maybe I'll do a triathlon. hahaha

4 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job gordon! proud of you, that's rough stuff!! but you did it, that's awesome.

 
At 2/21/2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man... congrats!! you are a marathon stud. sorry yvonne had to take off for the shower - thanks for being so understanding! and thoughtful.. thanks for the burt bees!! my prize for YOU is sitting in her fridge... :)

 
At 2/21/2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow!! marathon.. that's a life goal of mine.. awesome! yall look sooo cold..

 
At 2/22/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger graciechiao said...

congrats! you're so ambitious. after i finished my marathon, i stopped working out for a few months. :) i felt like i had more than enough working out from the training to justify becoming a sloth. heh heh. you look tired in the 2nd pic. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home