Saturday, December 10, 2005

want to elope?

Want to elope? I find myself asking Yvonne this every so often when we come to a decision impasse. I like being a quick decision maker, but trying to please everyone is nearly impossible.

My mom and I visited a reception site today. You look at a restaurant with new eyes when you're planning a reception. How many people/tables? Where's the wedding party going to sit? Will everyone be able to see us for the toasts? Then you go into the tailspin of possibly reserving the space. Lunch or dinner? parking? Are you available? What time to start? What extra decorations are needed? Are linens covered? Centerpieces? wow. . .

We have to keep reminding ourselves that this is a celebration and for us to share a piece of ourselves and our love to our family and friends. This makes all this work a little bit more meaningful.

I finished a good book just on my flight back from Houston, Velvet Elvis. It's highly honest and continues the conversation of who we are as Christians. Makes me dream . . .

Time to sleep now and get ready for my training run tomorrow. gn.

2 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eloping taking planning too. I can help with eloping plans. =)

 
At 12/14/2005 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.thetahititraveler.com/islandguide/boraphoto.asp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home