Wednesday, December 07, 2005

decisions decisions...

[yk] I'm usually pretty indecisive to begin with...or I take forever to deliberate about something because I try to exhaust all options and explore all possibilities before coming up with a decision. If I were to apply this method of decision-making to wedding planning, Gordon and I won't be married for another few years because it would take me THAT long to make decisions about the wedding. But everyone advises me to not spend too much time on details...just keep focusing on what's important...glorifying God and honoring our friends and family. So instead of spending a ton of time trying to make up my mind, I'm going to enlist your help in making these decisions. Current decisions I'm trying to make:

- where/when to have wedding (don't need more advice on this...have gotten tons...thanks!)
- what style/color bridesmaid dress (all different styles? different colors? let the bridesmaids choose?)

I'll be going wedding dress shopping this weekend, but if i don't find anything that I love and is reasonably priced, I think I already know which dress I am going to get.

In other news, it's snowing here in Ft. Worth!! In the entire office, only 3 people were left this afternoon because everyone went home early or couldn't make it to work.

7 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 10:41 AM, Blogger the crafty baker said...

see honey, those mittens came in handy :)

 
At 12/08/2005 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my personal opinion, you should choose whatever YOU want. Sure, it would be nice to have the bridesmaids get dresses that they would wear on another occasion, but ultimately, if you choose a polka dotted dress, they will wear that dress with a smile, cause it's YOUR wedding!

 
At 12/08/2005 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently went to a wedding in St Paul, MN (Gordon knows Jill!) where the bridesmaids (6 total) had dresses all the same length, fabric, color (red) but with different top designs. I thought it looked really nice and interesting at the same time. I only had 2 bridesmaids cause my brother was a bridesman (haha)... and they wore the same dress eventhough I told them they could buy different dresses of the same color. I think it just seemed easier to them... they're not really fashion types. See http://angchen.speedmetalracing.com/gallery/albums/userpics/jill_07.JPG

 
At 12/08/2005 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops.. try this LINK

 
At 12/08/2005 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with carol, i think you should choose colors that you like and style of dresses that you like - b/c ultimately you and gordon will be the ones with the wedding pictures at the end and will want it to be a color and style that you are happy with.

 
At 12/08/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger thelins said...

i think it depends on your bridesmaids. if most of them are the non-picky type and are somewhat indecisive and would rather you just choose (I'm kind of like that), then go ahead and choose for them. but if they all have their opinion about what they want to wear, then let them choose their own style =).

 
At 12/08/2005 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really fine to do it either way...all the same or letting each pick a dress that flatters her body type. i've seen weddings do both and it works. just be sure to do a color family. i went to a wedding in new york where some bridesmaids wore pink; others wore green and it was fine cause those were the colors the bride chose. the fleurs matched. and allowing the maid of honor to stand out either with different jewelry or bouquet is nice too. that was confusing huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home