Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Deals

[g]
Electricity Company
Boy, I really don't understand the deregulation of power. I spent the last 5 hours comparing different plans and companies. Googled companies and wanted to see customer satisfaction. We finally settled on Spark Energy. We didn't like Gexa, because of bad customer service. Y would say horrible customer service, her blood pressure rose everytime she called them to complain about something. Spark, the pros: no monthly service fee, no deposit (depending on your credit), setup automatic payment with your credit card, online billing, and the last 3 months bills are online. They have different plans, we chose the monthly plan for now so if we had to switch, we don't have to pay a termination fee. But they have plans where you can lock your price for a whole year. Electricity prices are estimated to go up about 2% in 2007. So, you decide. Sign up for Spark Energy.

Savings Account
Everyone tells you to build your little nest egg for emergencies. But why just let it sit there? We have a savings account with ING DIRECT. You earn 4.5% interest and it's tied to MY banks checking account. That's right, you don't need to sign up with a checking account with them. It took about 10 min to sign up for. And if you sign up through one of these links, you get $25 bonus! They also have a cool website Planet Orange to teach your kids about saving and spending. There might be other banks that provide a little bit higher interest rates, but Ing Direct has been around awhile and the account is FDIC insured.

1) Sign me up and get $25 bonus! - used!
2) Sign me up and get $25 bonus!
3) Sign me up and get $25 bonus!
4) Sign me up and get $25 bonus!
5) Sign me up and get $25 bonus!
6) Sign me up and get $25 bonus!

Coming soon . . . my recommendations on mortgages and alarm systems.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2/02/2007 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yvonne and Gordon--Congrats on the wedding (even though its about 8 months now). I had heard that you guys got together! I was browsing through people's xanga pages and then got to yvette's and now to this site! I TOTALLY LOVE the joint blogging =).

Hope you guys are doing well--congrats on your new house..email me sometime! emmie.chang@gmail.com

Also, if you're still in the market for an electricity provider--check out AMBIT ENERGY. I market electricity for them, and they have SUPER SUPER SUPER customer service, great rates, and AWESOME incentives. How many electricity companies do you know--will give you ONE POINT per kilowatt hour towards Vacations such as cruises and NFL experiences?

www.myelectric.goambit.com

Best wishes--talk soon! =)

Emmie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home