Thursday, December 21, 2006

Congrats!

[gw] Congrats to my HONEY [yw] on getting promoted to manager at work! She's definitely deserving of it, especially with all those early mornings and late nights that I don't see her. She makes me jealous that I'm not working anymore. : ( But I'm happy that she's happy.

And I counted 20 papers that I wrote this semester. That seems a lot me. That is a lot to me. I've never written that many papers in a semester. That's not including all the quizzes I studied for in my Greek class, and passages I had to memorize. whew! Now I have to work to retain it all. whew, praying that my brain won't fry.

So I'm reading a book on Christian counseling. It brings up all the dilemma's a Christian counselor has to encounter when reconciling their faith and recent studies in psychotherapy, pretty interesting. I thought of going into counseling for a brief moment, because I thought I read people real well, but then my wife promptly told me that I would not have patience with the people I talk to. Which is true. Sad, but true. So I quickly dropped the idea.

Just wanted to show you a pic of my wife's sugar cookies from scratch. She's been perfecting it all week. It looks pretty professional to me! She even made Longhorn cookies. Props to Matt for bringing a Longhorn cookies cutter from Austin.

8 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm those cookies look so good! can you leave some with my parents before you leave for hawaii?? hehe.

 
At 12/21/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger King Kong Rah Rah Rah said...

bluntness doesn't go over well in a counseling session you know :) congrats yw! a big career step.

 
At 12/21/2006 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for your promotion!!
those cookies look fantastic!
what days will you be gone? I'd like to see you if possible before I head back to Dallas! I'll be home from the 23 through Jan 1

 
At 12/21/2006 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Yvonne!! :) Props to the cookies too! We were honored receipients of a Longhorn cookie! :) Gordon, I (Faye) would love to know the title of the book you are reading... which class is this for?

 
At 12/21/2006 5:12 PM, Blogger the crafty baker said...

faye, it's my christian counseling class. The book is titled, Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Christian counseling by Mark McMinn.

 
At 12/21/2006 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cookies were delicious! the company even better. thanks for letting us steal your tonka truck.

 
At 1/01/2007 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great! thanks! see you back home in houston! :)

 
At 1/01/2007 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that was from us (simon & faye) - the previous comment: "great! thanks! see you back home in houston! :)"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home