Monday, July 31, 2006

sick. . . UPDATED!

[gw] I'm sick, so I'll write more later. . . but here's an interesting article.

Cost of being single vs being married

Upcoming: comments about watching movies with a screaming kid right behind you, and review: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

-----UPDATE---------

So I dont think I'm sick anymore. While I was working to backup my coworkers harddrive, (Sorry, I haven't gotten to yours Kat!) I took a long nap and ran up the fever till it broke. Then I took some Tylenol to get rid of the symptoms of headache and nausiousness. I'm back.

Topic#1 - the article above. Interesting eh? So it seems prudent to delay getting married it seems. But now that I am married, I better start saving now for the kids. I didn't realize kids would cost that much. Of course they had to take New York couples, so I had to work off percentages. What about the rest of the country? Why don't they do a real survey? To take only 3 couples is kinda a bad sample.

Topic#2 - watching the movies with an annoying kid. We went on a triple date with Eric and Fiona and George and Jill to watch Pirates. Review upcoming. But there was this annoying kid in the audience, that 2 rows behind me. With stadium seating, that's right on top of ya. Every action scene, the boy would scream. Add 2 trips to the bathroom, rolling a toy car down the steps every five seconds, the mom trying to discipline the boy and the boy retaliating, it was argghh. At one point, the boy pounded on my chair. I thought Yvonne was going to go up and have a stern talk with the mom during the movie. eek. I wasn't feeling to well either, the fever was coming back.

Couple of things:
1) It's a PG-13 movie! Why are you bringing a 4 yeear old toddler into the movie?
2) If you cannot control your children, don't bring them to the movie.
3) Why does the movie theatre allow parents to bring their little kids into the theatre. With all of them struggling with internet downloads and dvds. You think they would be first to say. Come to our theatre, we promise no cell phones ringing nor screaming kids!
4) If it was a kids movie, it wouldn't be as annoying. I love listening to the kids react to kids movies, but this was pirates. . .

I love kids and all, but come on!

Topic #3: Pirates of the Caribbean
*Spoiler* is on wikipedia, which I had to read after I watched the movie to understand the plot. Overall 3.5/5 stars. The plot didn't end. It wasn't a full ending to the story, and we have to wait for next year to see the end. Incidentally, I had to watch the first one again, just to remember the first one. That's my only, but biggest complaint. On the other hand, good acting by Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. The action sequences were amazing and fun to watch. Get ready to spend 2.5 hours though. Watch the movie or wait for DVD? wait for DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home