Thursday, May 04, 2006

you know wedding stress has gotten to you when...

[yk] when you wake up in a panic because you had a nightmare that kind of went like this:

It was my wedding day. I was in the dressing room, waiting for my friend, Suemy, to bring my wedding dress (because she was in charge of bringing it). I wasn't at Villa Antonia though...it was at some chapel. The wedding was still scheduled for 10:00am, but for some reason, all of the guests had gotten there really early...like at 8:30am!! So they were sitting around wondering why we were so late. Well it was 9am and none of my bridesmaids were there yet and I couldn't get a hold of them. But for some reason, Suemy's fiance Chae was there early. I asked Chae if he could go back and check on Suemy because I really needed my dress. He said maybe...if I paid him. I thought to myself, "Man, I always thought Chae was nice...what happened?" So I offered $20 and he said no. Then I offered $30 and he said no. Then I offered $50 and he said ok. So he goes off to find Suemy and eventually comes back with Suemy and my dress and the rest of my bridesmaids. Well by then, we only had a few minutes to get ready (makeup and hair wasn't done yet). And when we were ready to walk out...everyone had left =(. Then I woke up...

I think I had this nightmare because Gordon and I are recently feeling the burden of planning and coordinating our own wedding. We didn't really ask a friend to be our wedding coordinator...so we've been having to send out emails to the wedding party about duties, scheduling, and stuff. And we've been spending hours and hours online trying to find the cheapest square glass vases...or ribbon...or fabric. So we finally broke down and asked for help...and what a relief it is to know that we have friends that are so willing to help.

But things are slowly coming together...and we can't believe it's only about 1 month away!! Thanks for your prayers thus far...we can never receive too much prayer...and boy do we need it! =)

1 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely understand, or rather, Sunme completely understands. It's hard to delegate when you know exactly what you want and how you want it, yet it's also incredibly rewarding to see how willing your friends/loved ones are to give you a hand. I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully, Yvonne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home