Saturday, August 05, 2006

has this ever happened to you?

[y] for you contact wearers out there, have you ever rubbed your eye and the contact shifts to another part of your eye ball (like under your eye lid)? this just happened to me and i started panicking because i was afraid the contact would slip around to the back of my eye ball. it was actually in the top corner of my eye ball and i could only see it in the mirror if i looked the opposite direction. the scary thing is, i could barely feel it...so i could have easily rubbed my eye and assumed that my contact fell out and i couldn't find it...when all along, it's inside my head! i wonder if it would be bad to have a contact inside your eye or on the back of your eye ball...

4 Comments:

At 8/06/2006 9:17 AM, Blogger King Kong Rah Rah Rah said...

uck.. i hate that. i always had this fear that the contact would roll too far back and cut my optic nerve. but after my anatomy class, i learned that nerves are pretty tough.

 
At 8/06/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Edmund and Alicia said...

one of my lenses was stuck in my eyeball for a couple of months. i thought it had dropped on the floor or something so I used a new contact...then one day, I'm rubbing my eye and two contact lenses fall out of one eye. gross, eh? but I never got any eye diseases. another example of God's goodness to us...=)

 
At 8/08/2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wonder if it could roll back and get stuck there. I need to find some contacts that will stay moist. i have major dry eyes these days so i'm constantly blinking. bleck.

 
At 8/16/2006 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and that is precisely why i weat glasses and not contacts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home