Monday, February 26, 2007

And we're off

We finished moving everything that we possible could move into our new place tonight. My body is sore and my feet are throbbing. I feel like I did when I ran the marathon. (BTW, congrats Bri!) Huge thanks to my mom who was by our side the whole time cleaning like a mad woman. If you've ever wondered why I like cleaning or like things to be clean, I get it from my mom. Also thanks to in-laws who brought good food over and kept encouraging us on! For our dear friends, Simon Lee, Gordon and Amy Leung, Suemy and Chae Cho who came in waves to provide the muscle and the sanity. And my sis and her boyfriend Mike.

So our marriage is still intact even though we had a couple of spouts here and there. (As you know, I'm a little demanding.) Note to self, save enough money to hire movers to keep from fighting.

[y] will be hosting some parties soon. It was after I moved into our townhome, all parties ceased because we simply didn't have the room. We feel blessed to have our home, and we hope that we will be able to bless others with it.

As promised . . . mortgages.
Finding financing for your home is a hair pulling event. There's so many banks out there and you have to dig through so many websites, and make calls in order to find their rates. My first advice, check with your personal bank that you have. Bank of America, our bank, didn't necessarily provide the lowest rate for us, BUT, they didn't have any additional lenders fees for closing. (This is usually a large amount for other lenders.) They also provided us with an additional $250 for closing. So basically what you want to do to compare rates it to look at the APR, the lower the better. To learn more about mortgages and the going rates out there, check out Bankrate.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home