Friday, July 13, 2007

arg. . .

So lately I've been suffering with bouts of insomnia. Does anyone have any cures without taking Ambien? And does that stuff really work? Those Lunesta commercials are popular as well. Not sure what the problem is, but all my problems usually boil down to stress.

Just this week, I had a sty in my eyelid. Stupid me, I didn't know what it was and I think I irritated it yesterday and I woke up with a swollen eye. Now, all this morning I've been leaning my head so the sty won't rub against my eye and really irritate it. Which I think will lead to a sore neck. So now, I've taped it shut. I wanted to take a picture of it, but alas, I can't use my eye. Stress is bad.

I haven't updated in awhile cause frankly, I've been caught up in writing papers and reading. I decided yesterday with Yvonne's gentle rebuke that I need to limit my television watching. So, for the rest of the summer, I'll just limit it to Kyle XY, So You Think You Can Dance, and Big Brother. I've also been keeping up with Pirate Master, but I don't think it's been worth it. Game play has been sorely lacking.

Sorry to all of my flickr contacts. Yahoo Photos is closing and I decided to go with Flickr. It took a full week for them to finish transferring everything over. But they're all, and I mean ALL there. I upload everything, and not only my best shots. I use it as my storage.

Let's also take some time for some congratulations since I uploaded my pics:

Suemy and Chae - 1/21/07


Marilyn and Andy - 2/3/07


Gretchen and Jim - 3/10/07


Eric and Fiona's goodbye texas, hello OK? - 3/11/07
(anyone have a good pic of them?)

Mike and Lydia 3/30/07


Tina and Josh - 5/5/07


Allen's Graduation - 5/24/07


Yvette's Graduation - 5/31/07

1 Comments:

At 7/22/2007 8:22 PM, Blogger amelia said...

For insomnia-
What is your bedtime routine like?
TV can be deceptively "unwinding" but it can really be stimulating. Things I have read about doing.....
Basically don't do any activities in bed (tv, reading). Just use the bed to sleep in.
I don't know if you are like Jon but sometimes he gets in a caffeine rut and starts drinking too much caffeine and it throws his body out of whack. Maybe you could cut out caffeine? I know, I know, it seems impossible but it could help you sleep.
You could also try different relaxation exercises (they are really helpful for diluting stress and I use them a lot in my birth classes). Jon and I have been practicing relaxation for this next birth and I pretty much fall asleep every time. Have Yvonne email Jon if you are interested in some sources for relaxation exercises.
That is more than 2cents worth...but you asked :)

Great pictures too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home